Saturday, May 12, 2012

The Beginning in Reverse


 May what I write be not to please anyone other than the One who is my God and my King. May words of the flesh be swallowed up by the pit from where they came, and the words of Truth, Justice, Grace and Love find fertile soil in the minds of all who seek them.

I was dead. Now I am alive. 

Christians, those of you who proclaim that your flesh, your natural state was crucified with Christ… ARE YOU NOT IN AWE!?

Atheists, agnostics, deists, cynics, believers of something or nothing… ARE YOU NOT CONFUSED or CURIOUS!?

Who could not be blown away, befuddled, and left breathless by those seven words? 

I am talking about death to life people, DEATH to LIFE. As in, death is where we start, hopefully not where we stay, and life is our purpose.

There is no reason for a corpse to come alive or a way to make it so. Such an idea is explained away as science fiction, only credible enough to be spun into fantastical tales of Frankenstein’s monster, brain-thirsty zombies, and the general "undead." 

No matter how many differing scientific opinions, hypotheses, and theories exist; science agrees upon at least one thing: anything that lives dies. 

I was alive. Now I am dead. This makes sense.

I was dead. Now I am alive. This is absurd, impossible, beyond natural process! It is supernatural, therefore incredulous. 

But it is the TRUTH.

Physically I have never died. But before my relationship with Jesus Christ, I NEVER lived. 

Friends, brothers and sisters in Christ, fellow humanity… please attempt to grasp this: from conception we were DEAD. 

Our natural state is the corruption of sin; equaling a notarized, eternal death warrant. If left on our own the result is bleak and simple: zombie-like existence on earth, physical death, and eternal damnation. Uhhh...

Were we originally intended for death?  I don’t believe so. But is this death our reality? Yes. 

Now what? I am establishing an incredibly morbid foundation of life based on a statement that humanity is born dead. I would laugh were the Truth to be taken lightly.

I leave you this dark reality to reflect upon and tough subjects to grapple with, but there is much more to be said and promises in which hope is found. 

I will return to expound upon my statements next week, if not sooner. Do not take my word as gospel, read the divine Word and seek his Truth. 
  • ·         Isaiah 59
  • ·         1 Corinthians 15:22 “For as in Adam all die, so in Christ all will be made alive.” (NIV)
  • ·         Ephesians 2:1-10 “As for you, you were dead in your transgressions and sins, in which you used to live when you followed the ways of this world and of the ruler of the kingdom of the air, the spirit who is now at work in those who are disobedient. All of us also lived among them at one time, gratifying the cravings of our sinful nature and following its desires and thoughts. Like the rest, we were by nature objects of wrath. But because of his great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy, made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions – it is by grace you have been saved. And God raised us up with Christ and seated us with him in the heavenly realms in Christ Jesus, in order that in the coming ages he might show the incomparable riches of his grace, expressed in his kindness to us in Christ Jesus. For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith – and this is not of yourselves, it is a gift of God – not by works, so that no one can boast. For we are God’s workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.” (NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment