Friday, April 27, 2012

Reason to Return

Introduction:

Wondering where to begin on a blog entitled "Back to the Beginning" is glaringly ironic. Yet, I don't want this blog to be about me, but about God's work in the life of a failure, seen through my eyes.

May the words on this site be inspired by the Spirit who resides within me, sustaining my very breath. May those who read the words find Truth, whether that be in the form of encouragement, conviction, hope, love, discipline, or simply a different perspective.

I want to make it very clear that I do not have all the answers, but ask your questions. I am just a woman, but I seek the Triune God. He is Elohim, Adonai, Yeshua, Yahweh. He is my Master, Lord and King.

May he be honored, glorified and exalted in all things.  
Why should we go back? 
A quote from "The Princess Bride"

Inigo:      I am waiting for you, Vizzini. You told me to go back
            to the beginning. So I have. This is where I am, and
            this is where I will stay. I will not be moved.
Assistant Brute:
            Ho there!
Inigo:      I do not budge. Keep your "Ho there".
Assistant Brute:
            But the prince gave orders.
Inigo:      So did Vizzini. When the job went wrong he went back
            to the beginning. Well, this is where we got the
            job, so it's the beginning. And I am staying till
            Vizzini come.
<http://fringe.davesource.com/Fringe/Entertainment/Scripts/
The_Princess_Bride.html>
 
Consider these comical, yet stubborn words of Inigo, a man bent upon his purpose (to avenge his father's murder) but without direction for his next step. So, he went back to the beginning to await the one with the plan.

Members of the Christian Church find ourselves pinned with a reputation of hypocrisy and falsehood. As this behavior shames the name of the God we proclaim, a change in the body's current course is necessary.We need to go back to the beginning, to the moment when we knew the identity of Christ as Savior and Redeemer - the moment we chose to live with a purpose beyond ourselves, setting our sight on the King rather than our earthly desires. Let us return to the place we were called and await the Director of our steps.

This is also for those who do not believe as I do. You hate that "Christians" pass judgement on your political views, religion, sexual orientation, gender, etc. This is not a site to justify and support that judgmental attitude, but to demand change. So I ask that you look beyond the stereotype of "Christian," and let me define for you the belief I have, and point out our common ground. I am just as much flesh and blood, human, as you - no more and no less. You are welcome to ask questions, make statements, and draw your own conclusions.

No comments:

Post a Comment